The types of personal information collected and held by Hardware & General will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
• name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
• associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
• email address(es);
• bank account details;
• credit card details; and
• transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
We will also collect your date of birth and driver’s licence number where required (for example, to comply with age restrictions or in order to verify your identity when applying for credit terms, etc).
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular we will use the personal information for the following purposes:
• For our own internal record keeping,
• To improve our products and service to provide a more valuable service to you,
• To send promotional emails periodically about new products, special offers, events, promotions and competitions, reports of other information we think you may find relevant using the email address which you have provided,
• To use your information to sometimes contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail, and
• To release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so.
Other than the information required by our third party payment systems, you do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into or finalise payment of a product you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, grant credit terms, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you:
• when you personally submit information through one of our websites;
• in person (such as in store);
• when you apply for credit terms;
• when you enter into a promotion conducted by us or a third party;
• when you complete a survey;
• in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
• when you have other dealings with us.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing from us through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
You may choose to restrict the collection of use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our websites, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes;
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken reasonable steps to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a small fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Hardware & General Supplies Ltd c/- Company Secretary, 702 Pittwater Road, Brookvale, NSW,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible.